2. KIS is committed to maintaining confidentiality and protecting any personal data of all visitors, friends, donors, suppliers, pupils, students and teachers, its employees as well as visitors to its website https://www.kis.gr provided or collected in any way.
A. What is personal data?
Personal data, as defined by the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24/4/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR), as well as Law 4624/2019 which incorporated the GDPR, is information about an individual by which that individual can be identified, such as, but not limited to, name, email address, telephone number.
You can find our policy if you use our website https://www.kis.gr More information regarding individual uses of your personal data along with the ability to opt-out of certain uses may also be provided when we collect personal data from you or in our partnership agreement.
B. What personal data does KIS collect and for what reason
KIS collects, stores and processes all or some of the following personal data, not all of which you are required to provide in order to provide you with the services or information you request:
- Personal data of visitors to our website such as: name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number.
- Information about visitor participation to obtain information about the ability to access the website.
- Personal data related to activities or personal interests of our website visitors.
- Information about the preferences of our website visitors so that we can understand what services or information may be of interest to them.
- Information about the use of messages, comments, photos, videos or other information posted by visitors to our website or other social media about KIS or our services or activities.
- Personal data relating to telephone or email or social media communication or correspondence with our website visitors (phone number, name, complaint, thank you or comment or other).
- Information about the use of our website by visitors to our website (indicatively, the number of visits, duration of stay on the website, pages visited, services or information sought by users, etc.).
- Personal data of our employees or partners or their employees exclusively either for purposes directly related to the employment relationship or project or service contract, or for purposes arising from the provision of the law and in any case for specified, explicit and legal purposes, which will are known in advance to and understood by the Employee or his partner or employee. KIS has already drawn up and communicated to its employees a relevant policy for the protection of their personal data. Personal data of researchers, internal and/or external students visiting the KIS. Personal data is collected either because visitors to our website provide it or directly from them (e.g. by phone, by email, by letter, by completing an electronic or paper form) or by other websites or social media. KIS will inform anyone who provides their personal data with their consent, at the time of collection, how they will use this personal data.
We have a legitimate interest in collecting personal data of visitors to our website to measure the use of the website and to improve its content, to provide information about KIS exhibitions and our collections, to respond to inquiries or requests or problems visitor information about EME and our services, to ensure the quality of our services and visitor satisfaction, to develop new services or to improve or adapt existing ones, to analyze survey data.
In the event that we have received consent from our visitors or those who have contacted us, we have a legitimate interest in providing information and informing about activities etc. and our services, by e-mail, telephone, online, by sms. In these cases, KIS provides you with the option of deleting your data or opting out of all communications.
KIS does not collect personal data of minors under the age of 15 without the permission of their parent or guardian.
Finally, KIS collects personal data of candidates/job applicants which it receives from them (indicatively, name, address, gender, telephone, fax number, e-mail address, professional qualifications, education and experience) in order to examine the possibility of filling a job position or voluntary position or participation in the program of voluntary offer and communication with the candidates/applicants.
C. Who is the recipient of your personal data. How long are they stored for?
KIS collects and stores the personal data of those who have given their express consent to this. It may transfer and store them outside of Greece always in accordance with the conditions set by the law and with prior information to the interested parties, as well as pass them on to a related company similarly under the conditions set by the law. KIS may process personal data either with its staff or with its supplier, taking care to protect their privacy.
The personal data remains in the KIS for as long as is necessary depending on the purpose of its collection and in no case for a longer period than provided by law. In the event that legal claims have been raised or are expected to be raised against KIS, KIS may retain personal data or information of a transaction or correspondence until the limitation period for these claims.
D. How we protect personal data
The security of personal data is a top priority for KIS. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical security measures designed to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration and destruction of personal data provided to KIS when visiting and using the Website. We use secure socket layers as well as digitally certified encryptions and technologies.
Although KIS uses reasonable measures by physical and technological means to protect against viruses, it cannot fully ensure that visitors' access to our website will be uninterrupted, virus-free or error-free. Although we will take care to protect your personal data, you are responsible for the transmission of your personal data that you transmit to our website.
KIS cannot ensure that the personal data transmitted to it by visitors/suppliers/friends/applicants is accurate. The responsibility for the accuracy of the data and its change rests with whoever transmits their personal data for the reasons mentioned above in the KIS.
E. Access, update and deletion rights
You have the right to ask us about the personal data we hold about you and ask us to make the necessary changes to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date or to delete the personal data we hold about you. You can also let us know if you want to restrict data processing or object to the processing of the personal data we hold about you.
You may withdraw your consent to the transmission, storage and processing of your personal data at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent prior to the withdrawal.
To do the above, please contact us using the contact details provided in the following paragraph.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Personal Data Protection Authority (Offices: Kifissias 1-3, P.O. Box 115 23, Athens, Telephone Center: +30-210 6475600, Fax: +30-210 6475628, Email:
F. How to Contact Us
H. Final provisions
The above terms bind the parties (KIS and interested parties) as a whole and, subject to agreement with those legally applicable, constitute the entire contract of the parties, superseding any and all previous and current contracts between the interested party and KIS.